Nationwide Car Shipping Made Easy
Looking to ship your car? We can help. We ship to all 50 States
Terms & Conditions
Contact us for more information
- Customer is the registered legal owner of the vehicle(s) and has authority to enter into this Agreement or has been duly authorized by the legal owner of the vehicle(s) to enter into this Agreement.
- Customer shall prepare the vehicle(s) for transport by removing or properly securing all batteries, loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas and other similar items. The Customer shall disarm any vehicle alarm system and provide Fox Auto Transport with any tools or keys necessary to disarm the system if activated. If the alarm system is activated during the transport of the vehicle, Fox Auto Transport may deactivate the alarm system by any means that it or the transport driver deems reasonable and effective. Customer releases any claims for damages that are caused by Customer’s failure to fulfill these obligations.
- Customer shall remove all detachable personal belongings from the vehicle(s). Fox Auto Transport may impose additional fees, in its sole discretion, for the transport of contents left in a vehicle. In no event, however, will Fox Auto Transport be responsible for the safe transport of any such contents.
- Customer or his agent, who has been identified in writing to Fox Auto Transport, shall be present at the point of pick-up or delivery. If Customer or its authorized agent is not present for any reason, the vehicle(s) will be placed in storage, at Customer’s cost.
- All delivery dates and times are only estimates. Fox Auto Transport does not agree to transport the vehicle(s) in time for any particular market or event and will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any delay. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO DELIVERY TIMES OR DATES.
- Fox Auto Transport may, in its sole discretion, subcontract its obligations hereunder. In such event, subcontractor shall be solely responsible for all obligations to Customer. Customer shall file all claims with the subcontractor identified on the Bill of Lading and hereby releases Fox Auto Transport from any and all claims arising out of or related to any actions or inactions of the subcontractor.
- Customer authorizes Fox Auto Transport, its subcontractors, agents and employees to drive, park, store and otherwise operate or transport the vehicle(s) in any manner necessary to fulfill the obligations under this Agreement. Customer shall maintain insurance on the vehicle that shall extend to Fox Auto Transport’s operation of the vehicle. Customer will provide proof of insurance on the vehicle(s) to Fox Auto Transport and will keep in force such insurance until transport of the vehicle is complete.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL FOX AUTO TRANSPORT, ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES EXCEPT FOR DAMAGES TO VEHICLES ACTUALLY TRANSPORTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH DAMAGES WERE CAUSED BY FOX AUTO TRANSPORT’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL CONDUCT. Customer specifically agrees and hereby waives any other claims against Fox Auto Transport or its subcontractor including, but not limited to minor damages such as scratches, scrapes and chips that result from normal road conditions and wear and tear; damages caused by leaking fluids, battery acid and/or cooling system anti-freeze solution; industrial fall-out; mechanical malfunctions; exhaust assembly; frame; alignment; tire damage; suspension; glass damage; overloaded vehicles; defective or insufficient brakes, parking brake or parking gear; damage to loose, torn or visibly worn convertible tops; damage to vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras or any other type of covering; damage caused as a result of the inoperable condition of the vehicle; damage caused by tie-downs that break or tear due to vehicle’s age or condition; damage that is undetectable due to the vehicle’s dirty condition at the time of pick-up; or damage caused as a result of acts of God or other Force Majeure events.
- Customer shall identify any damage to any vehicle(s) by noting the damage on the Bill of Lading received by Customer at the time of delivery. Any claims related to such noted damage must be submitted in writing to Fox Auto Transport or its subcontractor within 15 days of delivery, or, in case of failure of delivery, within 15 days of the date that vehicle was scheduled to be delivered. Customer hereby waives any damage claims that are not noted on the Bill of Lading or for which Customer has not submitted a timely written claim. Fox Auto Transport shall not be liable directly, in subrogation, or by assignment to Customer’s insurance company for any claims paid by the Company. IN NO EVENT SHALL FOX AUTO TRANSPORT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- Charges/Payments-All orders booked will require a deposit. Payment of shipping can be made in full at the time of order or the minimum deposit, as determined by a Fox Auto Transport Representative, is required. If a deposit is charged, the remaining balance is due to the driver at the time of delivery via cash or certified funds, i.e. cashier’s check or certified money order. In the event an order is cancelled, the following will apply: If an order has not been assigned to a driver there will not be a cancellation fee. If the order has been assigned to a driver, the cancellation fee will be the amount of the deposit plus a 5% processing fee of any amount refunded to your credit card. Our customer service department will provide you with the anticipated pickup and delivery dates. If a truck is sent to pick up a vehicle and it is not made available, for any reason, a dry run charge of $250.00 will be applied. A transporter is not required to wait to pick up a vehicle or to deliver a vehicle. If you make a special arrangement with the driver for him to wait until the vehicle is available, any fees assessed will be between you and the driver, and made payable to the driver, either at the time of pickup or delivery. Please note the dry run fee is in addition to the quoted price. If a carrier cannot make delivery of the vehicle to the consignee at destination, the vehicle will be taken to the closest terminal as designated by Fox Auto Transport and/or carrier. All terminal/storage fees, COD’s and any other possible additional trucking charges will be made payable to Fox Auto Transport, either via cash, cashiers check or certified money order, before the release of the vehicle can be made.
- The entire amount of the transport charge is due and payable without discount upon tender of the vehicle(s) regardless of the loss of, or damage to, the vehicle(s) at any stage of the transport. An additional charge of $200 will be assessed if the vehicle becomes inoperative for any reason during the transport. An oversized vehicle fee of $300 will be imposed unless such vehicle has been pre-approved and disclosed prior to transport.
- Customer and/or its agent are jointly and severally liable for any and all unpaid charges including, but not limited to sums advanced or disbursed by Fox Auto Transport or its subcontractor and any and all cost of collection, including costs and reasonable attorney fees. Unless the order has been prepaid or Fox Auto Transport has otherwise agreed in writing, Customer shall pay all COD amounts, including any additional charges, in cash or certified funds. Fox Auto Transport will have a lien on the vehicle(s) for any charges that remain unpaid and any such lien will survive the delivery of the vehicles.
- Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold Fox Auto Transport and its subcontractor harmless from any cost, expense, damage, loss and claim, including any third party property or personal injury claim, arising out of or related to Customer’s breach of any warranty or obligation hereunder.
- Performance under this contract shall be excused to the extent such performance is prevented by force majeure. The term “force majeure” shall include acts of God or the elements, acts of a public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, strikes, labor disputes, fires, explosions, floods, acts or orders of civil or military authorities, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the party declaring the force majeure events. Such excuse from performance shall continue until the force majeure event ceases to exist.
- The provisions of this Agreement are severable and the invalidity and enforceability of any provisions herein shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions which shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement supersedes all written or oral agreements between Fox Auto Transport and Customer and may not be changed except when in writing by an officer of Fox Auto Transport.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the state of Massachusetts. The parties further agree that any legal action arising out of this Agreement shall be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Customer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any and all defenses based on lack of personal jurisdiction.